HACK THE PARENTING

DISCLAIMER : TOEFL below 550 and never take IELT test but still humble to share in English :D 

Nowadays, our milenials are quite often feel piss off because their parents don’t allow them to get their dreams or several strict rules for them. I am not sure if I am too old to give this advice. As a 90’s kid, I feel that there is nothing wrong with parenting today. I try to understand and accept the way they take care of me. 

Several time people ask me, why my parents let me do all things, and give me freedom that people think too much. So, here I am listing several hacks that I do to make my parents let me do what I want and what I believe including all strange ritual in AIESEC that my parents believe it will distract me from great dreams.  

  1. Regular check in , as AIESEC life obligate me to travel around for ‘not so short time’ so I need to make sure that my parents know where I am and what I am doing. I also do video call like taking medicine, literally 3 times a day. I will always tell them before leaving to where I go even when I have to face internet problem. 
  2. Brain wash !  don’t be so negative, just make sure that they know which part of the world I am going to stay and I am trying to make the place name familiar for them. For example “Dad, do you know what is the most growing country for economy in this world” absolutely it is India. I tried as hard as possible to rebrand the place to make sure that they won’t be worry. “Dad do you know where is my friend cousin father’s friend come from ?” .......“ICA ! you are not going to go there !” hahahaha. but I will always try to find other way !
  3. There is always second chance but no for the third ! Take all the consequences with you. Once you decide to do something, make sure there will be happy ending at the end. Collect all good and bad case practice from experienced person. Make sure that at end, your parents will hear good news about your struggling. If you face the failure then make sure you will try again with better preparation. Put all time, effort, money and love to your decision. So your parents know that it is worth to do. Once or twice is okay to complain, but not too often. 
  4. Know the channel of their news. I know that my dad is always reads newspaper in the morning. So, I make sure all my success story will be published on his newspaper. So, every news will heal their worry.
  5. Let them be part of your inner circle. Introduce friends, friend of friend, parents of friend, their neighbor, and tell your friend success story. But don’t tell too much, usually my parents end with comparing me with them :D But if I want to gossip, I will make sure my parents will be the first person I call. 
  6. Invest your time for them. Use it to clean your room, mop the house, clean dishes or several household. I know someone that always wake up in the morning to just get permission to hang out. 
  7. I remember one day my mom didn’t allow me to spend night in my friend's house. But I still need to attend the meeting. So, I start moving all my meeting to home, till my mom feel that it is too much and finally she let me to attend meeting outside till late night. 
  8. DON'T TELL A LIE ! apart from it is not good for your brand, it will make your brain think harder to just bury your lie with another lie. So, stay true !
  9. Once, my parents felt really disconnect with me when I was in India, so I wrote 30 postcards and sent it to my home, It was not only for my parents but almost all my friends. So, they came to my home and talk to my parents to take their postcards :') Even I was not at home, my parents felt my presence. 
Pose with Indonesia delegation for Global Village, Asia Pacific Conference in India. The third place that my parents allow me to visit after hospitalized for 10 days (left to right : Alina, Nu, Alsya, Muthy, Yeoda. All still single except Alina!) 
There is no guarantee that you will get permission easier after following all tips above. Different parents, different treat. It is only several success story from me who can leave home from morning till next morning, travel to “undetected place”. Even after hospitalized, traveling still not in my parents "haram" list and still make them heeemmmm little bit “happy” hahahahahhaha :D If you feel that you have another tips then let’s share ! 

Video to share : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P03UwRyei68 by Daniel Yeoda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Athirah and Katy :)

si JUDES yang pelit !!

HORRIBLE TIME FOR FLORIST !