How to handle primary children in the classroom.

Hi ! I am doing my internship in India now, as an assistant teacher in grade 4 primary section. This is my first time to teach children in international school. And also this is my first professional internship. Of course, I faced many difficulties at the beginning and I always try to solve it. Now, I am gonna share my teaching experience. How and what I did to handle children in the classroom. I hope it will help you.

1. Know your students name.
Sometimes some students just make some noisy and it is bothering another student. When you mention their name to stop them, it will be easy to control them.

2. Prepare yourself.
Your student also a human. They will laugh at you if you make mistake in the classroom and it will destroy the concentrate in the classroom.

3. Prepare your lesson.
Children get bored easily. So, you have to think how to make your lesson interesting. You can show them a video or tell the story regarding your lesson.

4. Make connection.
Kids are really curious creature. They will be interested if you can make connection between your lesson and their life.

5. Dress properly.
Children like beautiful things. You don't need to put make up too much to attact them. You just need to dress neatly.

6. Counting down.
If you want them to do something and they are really slow, so you can start count down. Use count down to make you children do faster.

7. Sometimes, put yourself in their shoes. If you like compliment, of course they also like it. If you give them compliment, they will like you and listen to you. You also have to be friendly with them.

8. Story time.
If you are gonna tell them a fairytale, you can you use their name in the story to attract them.

This is only a short list but it helped me to handle my kids in the classroom. I hope these can help you too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Athirah and Katy :)

si JUDES yang pelit !!

HORRIBLE TIME FOR FLORIST !