I am in INDIA!


I am in India. I have enjoyed my life here for 7 months. I am running teaching project with my friend from Russia, Irina. I also have friend from Ivory Costa and Bahrain. But they are men, so I see them not very often. We all are in AIESEC project.


People should come here. If they like travelling, they should visit India at least once in their life. There are many things in India to be seen. I prefer travel to visit people rather than visit the place. People are so much more interesting then the place. But, in India you can find the mixture between good people and beautiful place. I am trying to describe India through my blog this time. In my country, some people think that India is not really worth country to be visited. Because they think that India is full of criminal, dirty, hot and some people are really rough. It is absolutely wrong. I only have visited some states here. Yes, they are dirty. I don’t know some people in India really like littering. I really hate this habit. But, have you ever visited Darjeeling? It is one of states in India. I am not sure where exactly Darjeeling in India is. But, Irina said it was really beautiful place and clean. I am not going to talk about the place that I never visit. I stayed in Ranchi, Jharkhand. My school is in rare area. It is really big school and my salary makes me able to travel at least once in a month.

To visit India, you can come through International airport. I came to Kolkata and had my flight to Ranchi. If some people think that India is not a safe country. They are half wrong and half right, haha. Actually it is depend on you. This is my first time to travel alone and I am ok. Of course, I have to really be careful.

I travel by train. This is the reason why I really like India. They have train to go everywhere. If you have more money, they also have really cheap flight. But, in Indonesia we don't have many trains. After 7 months, I have spent 258 hours in the train. If you really want cheap price, you can travel in sleeper class in the train. It is without AC and too risky. Once, I went to Chattisgarh in sleeper class. I was ok, because I travelled with my friends.

When I travel alone, I will take 3AC or 2AC. It is quite expensive but safe for me. Talking about place, I really fall in love with Kashmir. I was there only 3 days. Three months before I came, flood destroyed everything in Srinagar, Kashmir. But I think the place is still beautiful. People are really friendly. And I am sure that Indonesian people will love this place. They have snow!!! People are also handsome and beautiful, hehehe. I left my heart there. I stayed in army camp and it was amazing surrounded by good people. But to visit Kashmir you should know someone there. It is a conflict area.

I went to Amritsar to see golden temple. It was amazing. I got free lunch in a big kitchen. Golden temple is holy place for Sikhism, a famous religion in India. People are working to serve meals without salary. They are working for their religion. And around more than 100.000 people will come and enjoy delicious food for free. It is open 24 hours. It is amazing!


If you are a shopaholic, don’t forget to visit New Delhi, it is really cheap. I bought an mini iron for 300 rupees or around 5 dollars. I went there many times. I was lucky to meet my friend from Indonesia. She is studying in Jawaharlal Nehru University. It is the best University in India. I could see many foreigners come and study there. It is good and really cheap university. But, once again, people really like littering and don’t eat street food there if you are not used to. Still, you can get cheap food in a good restaurant.


I have seen Taj Mahal.  It is really a beautiful building. Everything just amazed me. Behind the great building, there so many stories that just can make you more admire India. There so many plus points for India. Most of people can speak English. At least they can count and usually they use one or two English words in daily conversation. Maybe, because they were colonized by England at that time.

Do you know? If some people in Indonesia is not interested to visit India, it is opposite of some people in Europe. They are really crazy to visit India. Irina said that people from Europe would come to Goa and enjoy their holiday. Goa is like Bali in Indonesia. It is a tourist spot in India. Beach, nature, sunbathing and many things are available there. But Indonesian people are not interested about beach. Maybe because we have more than 17.000 islands and beach are everywhere. But, tell them that you can see snow in India, it will make them book a ticket to India for the next holiday. Hahaha.

Apart from all stories that I have told you, you have to come and prove it by yourself. India is really beautiful place. If you think India is a dangerous country because you have seen news about that. You will lose many chance to enjoy life in India. My father always says “It is about you, not about the country. If you just be careless, you won’t be safe wherever you are”.

Irina also see, "If you think India is dangerous, it will be dangerous for you!" So, keep your positive mind!


After all I would say, Danyawad India! I struggle, survive, and enjoy it! Keep calm and visit India next holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Athirah and Katy :)

si JUDES yang pelit !!

HORRIBLE TIME FOR FLORIST !