Kolkata, City of Joy.

Do you believe love at the first sight? I am quite difficult to accept this thing. I have to know more, dive deeper and I will decide. I still remember the first time I landed in Kolkata, city of joy in India. It was 17 June 2014 at 3 a.m. I had to wait for my next flight for 11 hours. I was in airport when 2 people were fighting and a policeman came with a big dog to stop them. It made me crazy. I hope people’s opinion about India was wrong. But I was frightened by this situation. I was still tired and got confused because of these two crazy men. Then I left this city with bad memory at 11 am to Ranchi. I wished I never come back and see horrible things again in Kolkata.

But, life gave me second chance to enjoy my holi holidays in Kolkata. When people throw colourful each other and burn bonfire to welcome spring season. From my city, it took me 7 hours by train. As usual I always take 3AC to travel. But that time was different. I traveled with Aditi, special need teacher in my school. She is one of my best mates in India. She is from Kolkata. She likes to manage everything and I like people decided for me because I have no idea how to survive in India at the beginning. Her opinion always is my first priority.


We reached at 7 in the morning. The railway station’s name is Howrah. It was really crowded. Aditi got into the line to get prepaid taxi. Finally I saw the yellow taxi that I usually saw in movie. It was black and yellow but now it is fully yellow colour. Aditi explained all things about Kolkata. I fall in love with the bridge near from Howrah station. In the same time my students were studying about types of bridge, finally I saw cantilevered bridge. It was awesome. The buildings in Kolkata have been affected by British.




Holi celebration was not in Kolkata when I reached. People in west Bengal or state of Kolkata celebrate holi one day earlier than other states in India. So, I was lucky because some people in my school also celebrated holi before I left.


We went straightly to house and refresh ourselves. I usually get tired after travelling but this time, I was super duper excited. I was planning to meet Lala and mom in Kolkata. She is working in one of hospital in Kolkata and mom came to visited her again. I hope it is not too late to introduce them. She was working in the same school with. Her mom came from Italy and invited me to visit Taj mahal together. Since that day, Lala’s mom and I are like mom and daughter.

I met Lala in the hospital. Aditi dropped me and finally I saw mom again. I gave her a couple gifts and I was happy that she liked it. I left hospital after 2 hours and went to mall with Aditi. 


I took some snaps in mall. I wanted to show that people are wearing saree even in the mall. 


They are proud to wear traditional clothes. We would meet again after Lala finished her work at 6. I am falling in love with this city. This city was like Jakarta. It was not really clean but much cleaner than other state in India.




The time when Lala took me to new market after worked, I could feel the Indonesian atmosphere. People bargained everywhere and the stuff are really cheap. Even I didn’t buy anything but I loved it. Lala bought many toys for her patients. She is working for special need children.

When we reached home, we had a rest and continued to enjoy music in the cafe. Lala wanted to shows mom the life in Kolkata. We enjoyed as well even we were really tired. In the morning when Lala left for office, mom and I still enjoyed the time at home. I wrote some postcards and sent them through post office near from Lala’s hospital. I dropped mommy and back to home. I got lost and confused. The road was really crowded. And finally when I reached home, I was sweating. It was hot day. I relaxed little bit and prepared the dinner. I arranged everything on the dining table and cooked chicken soup. 


We had really great time together. While having our dinner I played music and display all our pictures. After dinner I got awesome gifts from Lala and mom. I loved it.

I enjoyed my time till I had to say goodbye to Lala and mom in the airport. Mom had to back to Italy, Lala will stay in Kolkata and I had my train to back to Ranchi in the night.

I enjoyed my another story with Aditi. I came back to her home, slept and we went to mall to enjoy our lunch. I was sitting in the Chinese restaurant and enjoy buffet menu. Aditi treated me and I could feel joy in my stomach. The menus were great. I ate crab, shrimp, chicken and I found kerupuk!!!.In the night before I took my train, Aditi’s mom who I called mamaji cooked mutton and fish for me.

I love this city. I am sure that before I am going back to Indonesia I would stop again here once and enjoy everything. I am closing my journey in Kolkata with my blog stuff and enjoy my first class in the train. I took it to adjust my life story about Indian train. It is not cheap but once in my life I want to feel it. And it super luxury with single cabin and broad bed. I think it is designed for business people who are willing to travel in luxury train. So, good night everyone, see you in another story and of course thanks for AIESEC to support my entire life story in India.


Train to Ranchi, 11:38, 8 March 2015.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Athirah and Katy :)

si JUDES yang pelit !!

HORRIBLE TIME FOR FLORIST !